Dear People Magazine,

16 May

wrong

Dear People at People Magazine,

This past week when your most recent issue was delivered to my office I noticed a grave error on the cover. Normally I wouldn’t take the time two write in, but this error was so egregious I felt a moral obligation to help you make a correction.

You see, this week’s cover showcased a picture of Hollywood A-lister Gwynneth Paltrow with the heading “World’s Most Beautiful Woman!” Now I don’t have anything against Ms. Paltrow. I’m sure she’s a very nice person and she certainly is a lovely looking lady. I can see how your editing staff would be tempted to crown her “World’s Most Beautiful Woman!” but when they were considering candidates, I suspect they were unaware of another, lower-profile woman.

UnDorkMommy isn’t a movie star, and for that reason I can forgive your editing staff for being unaware. Had they known her I’m sure they would have made a very different choice for this week’s cover.

I have taken the liberty of mocking up a correction for your editing staff. No doubt as soon as you see it you will want to recall all of last week’s issues and publish a re-print with the more accurate cover I have provided below.

There. Isn't that better?

There. Isn’t that better?

Please send my regards to Ms. Paltrow. When she sees how beautiful UnDorkMommy is I’m sure she’ll agree a correction needs to be made.

Respectfully,

Dork Daddy

20 Responses to “Dear People Magazine,”

1. Katherine C. Mead-Brewer May 16, 2013 at 10:39 am #

This is the best blog post I’ve read in a long time. Terrific post!

2. BehindMyBooks May 16, 2013 at 10:40 am #

I can’t begin to express how much I love this. I’m voting for UnDork Mommy!

3. Jessica May 16, 2013 at 11:03 am #

You are the best husband and father… no really… well, after my husband, of course. Anyway, well done!

• dorkdad May 16, 2013 at 12:29 pm #

You’re nice to say that, but keep in mind I’m the schlump who hasn’t been home to put my kids to bed for the last 3 nights.

4. kevdrex May 16, 2013 at 11:57 am #

ROFLMAO! My guess is daddy will get some mileage in the bedroom out of this one! 🙂

• dorkdad May 16, 2013 at 12:08 pm #

Her reaction via text message when she saw it:
      “I’m no Gwynneth.”

• kevdrex May 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

Thankfully that’s true.

5. twohotcoffees May 16, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

Great post!

So sweet🙂

6. lucebuona May 16, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

Very sweet!

7. Lynette May 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm #

This is so good!

8. Alan Kercinik (@AlanKercinik) May 16, 2013 at 1:53 pm #

File this under “A happy wife is a happy life.”

• dorkdad May 16, 2013 at 2:06 pm #

I might suggest this technique the next time Charlie Capen complains about 187 days.

9. The Cutter May 16, 2013 at 2:11 pm #

Aw this is sweet. Mothers Day gift?

• dorkdad May 16, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

Righteous outrage at a grave injustice done to my wife by the people at People. Nothing more.

10. Nick May 16, 2013 at 2:27 pm #

A perfect example of what is wrong with tabloid magazines. Too focused on the “celebrities” to get their facts straight. Nicely done.

11. Lisa Shaw May 18, 2013 at 10:03 am #

That’s very cute. Well fixed.🙂

12. puppy1952 June 17, 2013 at 7:21 am #

Daddydork, you’re the best. I don’t think this is ‘sweet’, I think it is brilliant and true. Undork Mommy is gorgeous.

1. DaddyBloggers in the Spotlight: A Father’s Day Roundup — Blog — WordPress.com - June 16, 2013

[…] with grace, humor, and, yes, a substantial measure of unabashed dorkiness. (We also love his frequent odes to the […]

2. DaddyBloggers in the Spotlight: A Father’s Day Roundup | The Urban Daddy - June 18, 2013

[…] with grace, humor, and, yes, a substantial measure of unabashed dorkiness. (We also love his frequent odes to the […]

3. Get It Right, People | Dorkdaddy.com - May 2, 2016

[…] from a few years ago a grievous error People Magazine made on the cover of one of their issues. I wrote a very nice letter to their editorial staff explaining the error, even proposing an appropri…. And now here we are, three years later and the editorial staff over at People Magazine has made […]